bonjour celine header

16.10.10

capturing love

capturing love, D+S

capturing love, D+S

capturing love, D+S

I have fallen in love with the work of so many talented wedding photographers in these past couple of years. The joy and beauty they capture, constantly amaze me. They always push me to shoot more, and learn more.

From the first day I started photographing with Gabe, he has always pointed me in the direction of Claudia Hung for inspiration. Her work is so stylish and sophisticated, and she captures the moment so well; it makes my heart hurt.

So you can imagine my surprise when I found a friendly message in my inbox from Claudia a few weeks ago. Before I knew it, we were eating Vietnamese Pho on a weeknight, and talking about me going along with her on her 2011 weddings!

I am speechless, ecstatic, and excited beyond words. (!!!)

Claudia was kind enough to bring me along with her to Daniella + Sal's engagement session last Friday for some valuable learning, observing and practicing. These are some shots I took. Aren't they a beautiful and sweet couple? Go see Claudia's beautiful photos from this session, and you will see why I love her work so much.

I am so fortunate for this opportunity to shoot with 2 incredibly talented photographers next year (for both Claudia Hung and Gabe Li), as well as photographing my own weddings (including Melinda + Chris!).

It is only October, but I have a feeling 2011 is going to be a very good year for capturing love.

25 comments:

  1. congrats!! how brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lovely pictures! The 3th one is my favourite, he's breathing "love".

    ReplyDelete
  3. it always amazes me the creativity wedding photographers having and how much love and feeling they manage to capture in their photographs.
    these are just as beautiful as any i've seen, how lucky you are to have gotten to learn from such a talented photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really exciting! So happy for you!
    I can totally understand your feeling right now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so awesome. congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Celine!! :) That's so very exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing photos, and lucky you! I would love to shadow someone like Claudia. I can't wait to see all the different weddings 2011 has to offer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gènial !
    so very very excited for you celine :)
    félitations !
    meet up over lunch to celebrate soon?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously wonderful news and these photos are really stylish and sweet. You have an eye for this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. they are all so lovely...so sweet ans lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your photos. and so happy that you have two other amazing photographers to hang out with. awesome. awesome. awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Celine, your photos are amazing and I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such amazing news! congrats!! you are an inspiration!!
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 'practice' pictures?!

    these are gorgeous!

    i think this could be your calling!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is big, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, congratulations. That is wonderful news. Those photographs are beautiful, I especially love the 3rd one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing! Congratulations! I've been following Claudia's work for a while now - she's a good friend of my co-worker (her engagement photo is featured on claudia's blog header!)

    Can't wait to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a beautiful couple! i assisted a wedding photographer this summer and it was an amazing experience. congrats on your new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome, lovely pictures!!!
    I love your blog!!!

    Citlalli
    www.colloredelavita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! what an amazing opportunity for you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. congratulations celine!! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. aww celine! how i wish you were photographing weddings when my husband and i got married last year! i would have picked you for sure! congrats and good luck! i know youll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. congrats! it is so exciting to go out there and just do it!

    ReplyDelete